All new Majorca Flats episodes are now being posted to my WordPress blog. You can follow it even if you do not have a WordPress Account.

There's also my Twitter and my Tumblr blog and my group.

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Majorca Flats -- 330



Cody took the phone. He was dazed and exhausted by all that had happened to him. It took Deborah a minute or two to get him to understand who she was and what she was going to do.
I can't afford a lawyer,�? he said at last.
We're doing this pro bono. So there'll be no fee.�?
Why?�? asked Cody bluntly. Why were these people helping him?
We think you've been through enough. Peter Apfelbrot specifically requested that. He's one of the senior partners of the business.�?
I …�? Cody started to weep again. Silently. He couldn't speak. Wordlessly he returned the mobile to Luigi.
Turning into the corner of the room to get some privacy, Luigi said, “He's a bit …upset. I'll ring you when the 'tecs call. Thank you for doing this, Deborah.�?
It's my pleasure.�? She meant it. Luigi wondered once again that human beings could be so vastly different. On the one hand, a ruthless, perverted killer. On the other, so much kindness, so many generosities.
Swallowing a lump in his throat, he again thanked her before ending the call.



First Majorca Flats post 
      Previous MF post (#329)       Next MF post(#331)

Episodes 1 to 260 (without pictures,
10 episodes per chapter)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...