All new Majorca Flats episodes are now being posted to my WordPress blog. You can follow it even if you do not have a WordPress Account.

There's also my Twitter and my Tumblr blog and my group.

Saturday 22 February 2014

510

Victorian Police College


The name was a common one.   They went through six pages of photos before Cody suggested that the put in the name as well as “St Joseph’s”.  

“That’s him!” exclaimed Cody while they were scrolling through the results on the second page.  “I’m sure of it.”

A middle-aged man.  Slim.  Grey hair.  Quite ordinary-looking.  Smiling for the camera.

Colin pressed ‘print’.

“What do we do now?” asked Luigi.

You do nothing.  He’s dangerous.  Only the police should approach him. “

“He’s dangerous to you too,” pointed out Cody.

“Yeah.  But we’re trained for it.  And it’s our job.   Mates . . . this man is a killer.  He’s already killed how many?  Five?  Six?”

“There are five murders attributed to the Mount Macedon killer.”

“That we know of,” said Colin grimly.  “Serial killers—well, so our instructor said—usually escalate their actions.   Either by doing it more often or by being more vicious each time.  Or both.  You escaped,” he said, turning to Cody, “so he must be very frustrated.  He may even now be picking a new victim.”  He was silent for a moment or two.  Then he said, “I’m going to make this official now.  I’m going to put in a report that you saw him and reported it to me and that I did some work and found him.  And none of us is going to mention that you two know his name, OK?”  He stared at them waiting for them to answer.

“Will the ‘tecs do something now?”

“They’ll hafta.  This is good evidence and a good lead.  They’ll probly contact you to get more details.”

“What shall I say?”

“Always stick as close as possible to the truth.  It’s easiest that way.”  His smile was cynical.

“Right,” answered Cody, his own expression equally wry.  “So, in other words, I saw him and phoned you and none of this happened.”


Colin nodded.

Episodes 1 to 480 (without pictures, 20 episodes per chapter)   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...