All new Majorca Flats episodes are now being posted to my WordPress blog. You can follow it even if you do not have a WordPress Account.

There's also my Twitter and my Tumblr blog and my group.

Wednesday 5 March 2014

512


“I haven’t spoken to her, since . . .  well, she’d be within her rights if she didn’t allow me to see them.”

Luigi was just about to speak but Colin forestalled him.

“Would you say that if you’d been unfaithful with a woman?” he asked.

“Well, I . . .  Yeah good point.  Maybe not.  I dunno. It’s just . . . I feel so guilty.”

“You can’t help what you are mate,” said Colin.  “Any more than I can help being straight.  I’m not saying it’s easy.  Or that you didn’t hurt her.  But that doesn’t mean you have to feel bad about being gay.  Or bi.  Or whatever.  Just that  . . . it’s hard enough being gay in this world . .  .”

“. . . It’s worse being bi!” Cody interrupted.

“Yeah, I s’pose.  But it is what it is.”

“Colin why are you so accepting?” asked Luigi.  “I mean, I don’t want to . . . well, Cody and I are grateful … but it’s just that it’s very unusual.”

“What?” asked Colin.  “Straights who accept you?”

Policemen who accept us,” replied Luigi gently.

“Your experiences have been so bad?”  Colin sounded sad.

“Yeah.”  Luigi didn’t bother to elaborate.

“I always wanted to be a policeman.  From when I was a little boy.  It seemed to me that I would make the world a better place.  And there was the uniform.  And the motorbike.  And the gun.  And the walkie-talkie. “  His grin was somewhat wry.

Episodes 1 to 500 (without pictures, 20 episodes per chapter)   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...